For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-27KJV
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:15
Why is Evangelism Important?
Heaven is a real place, so is the lake of fire. Thousands of souls pass into eternity every day without Christ. These souls will ultimately be tormented forever in the lake of fire. As a Christian it is our personal responsibility to share the gospel with as many people as humanly possible. God has told us that he does not want anyone to perish. He wants us to win souls for Him more than any other thing we are doing on His behalf.
When Should We Evangelise?
We should evangelise at every opportunity. Evangelism should not be delegated to a monthly church outreach team or a special event. Actually, we should be actively and consciously looking for opportunities to evangelise every day. One key hindrance to evangelism is that our personal lives are questionable and so we feel that we are inadequate to evangelise Christ alone at work, or in the shopping mall. Our lives should speak and evangelise to everyone who knows us.
How Do I Share Christ?
There are many ways to share Christ that we teach and encourage every member at NeaZoi Church to do. But on this article I would like to speak of two ways that each one of us are presented with every.
I share Christ by opening my mouth:
This may seem a bit simple, but many believers say nothing when the opportunity is before them to share the gospel. Be it fear or lack of confidence, they let opportunities slip time and time again. It is unacceptable to have family members or acquaintances with whom we have not shared the gospel. If these dear ones were to die without Christ, we would be overwhelmed with grief because we did not speak up when we had the chance.
I share Christ through your life by:
- Having a good attitude even in the middle of a crisis in your own life.
- Treating people as I would like to be treated with respect and dignity and never change.
- Finding ways to be a blessing to others at work, at home, at the super market express random acts of kindness (RAK)
- Staying strong in your faith daily, we face situations everyday where we are challenged to compromise. Be that example of Christ of integrity.
- Becoming a model of forgiveness. Forgive quickly and quietly without fuss and allow God to speak in that person’s life.
Key Evangelism Points
- The lake of fire is a real place
- Thousands die daily without Christ
- Keep your ears open for opportunities to share the gospel
- Share the gospel, even if you are nervous or afraid
- Learn how to share the gospel effectively – Pathway Classes
(Your pastor/bible study leader will be able to help you with this)